ACT Test Prep (Online Pilot) November 2019
ACT Test Prep Class
Wednesday, November 27th, 2019
(Day before Thanksgiving)
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM CT
One hour lunch break will be provided at 11:30am CT
Zoom online class
WHY: This class includes practical and relevant information on how to increase your ACT score. It teaches you how to control the test and to not let the test control you! Because the ACT is predictable, it is highly susceptible to test-smart strategies. The class covers what will be on the test and how to master test-taking techniques. This class is not a practice test! Learn general ideas about the ACT as a whole and the individual tests:
- English - Learn what ACT test-writers are looking for and how to approach different types of questions.
- Math - Learn what problem-solving skills and math skills you need.
- Reading - Learn the best methods for doing well on ACT reading.
- Science - Learn common question types and what is really required to do well.
COST: $40 per student* (PILOT PROGRAM)
*Initial deposit is $80 per student, but $40 will be refunded at conclusion of class if student is present until the end of the class and completes the feedback survey. This is a pilot program, and we are seeking feedback on the effectiveness of this educational medium.
- Register using the two (2) steps below. Payment is required at time of sign up to reserve a space in the class.
- Requests for refunds will have a $10 processing fee deducted if cancelled more than one (1) week prior to the first class date. Cancellations within a week of the first class date will not receive a refund. Make-up classes are not offered for partial attendance. No-show students are nontransferable and nonrefundable.
- Registrations are prioritized by date received. Class size is limited to 30 students. Upon receipt of payment all registrants will receive a confirmation email.
- Payment for this course does not register you for the official ACT. Students must register and pay for the ACT at www.actstudent.org.
- Additional ACT information is available from your high school counseling office.
Step One: Sign Up
Step Two: Pay Here
About the program
– Carolyn Devane has been taught ACT classes and helped thousands of students improve their scores since 1999. Here’s what students have said:
"Not going to lie. I'm scared to tell my mom that this singular course was much more effective than the aCT course she enrolled me in. I think I can finally get my 36 and be less scared to apply to my dream Ivy League School. :)"
— Anonymous Student, Kansas State University ACT Class (June 2019)
"I heard a lot about the class from my brother and, while it helped him raise his composite score by four points, I was a bit skeptical that one class could make such a difference. I was wrong! My composite score rose four points as well, and my science score went from a 22 to a 31 on the test right after I took the class! I am grateful that I was able to raise my score, allowing me to qualify for thousands more dollars in scholarships, and I credit all of this to the great class. Thank you!"
— Ben, Abilene (KS) High School (June 2017)
"Thank you so much for coming to Sabetha High School. I took the December ACT, hoping for a 29 or 30. The previous test I had gotten a 27. When I got my score back, I had gotten a 32!! A five point increase!! Thank you for showing us testing skills and strategies; it helped a lot!"
— Anonymous Student, Sabetha (KS) High School (December 2016)
"I took the ACT in April and wanted to improve my score. Then I took the ACT Power Prep Class in May and also did the timed practice tests at home to help prepare. On the June ACT, my overall score went up 5 points and my science score went from a 24 to a 36! This class was the key! I truly learned the strategies needed to improve my score. Thanks for a great class Carolyn."
— Jared, Thomas More Prep - Marian High School (KS) (June 2015)
"I'm so glad I took this course. The strategies I learned in the class helped me to use my time during the test more efficiently. My overall score improved by 5 points with my science category showing an 11 point increase! It's definitely worth your time."
— Anthony, Junction City (KS) High School (Feb. 2015)
"I relied on the strategies taught in this prep class to raise my score because I didn't have a lot of time to study the material that would be on the test. My composite score raised 3 points and my science score raised 8 points alone. I now have the ACT score that I need to receive a much larger scholarship. Carolyn is the real MVP!"
— Hannah, Salina (KS) South High School (April 2015)
"The ACT class isn't necessarily to teach students how to master the material, but you're given shockingly easy test-taking tips that really make a difference on your test score. Trust me. The few hours of instruction are absolutely worth it!"
— Lindsey, Manhattan (KS) High School